7 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SILK
1. Silk is animal-based fiber that consist of 2 main proteins: fibroin and sericin. It's produced by insects like silkworms as a material for their nests and cocoons.
2. Silk is natural fiber, sustainable and non-damaging to environment. Silk production remains one of the cleanest textile industries.
3. Silk is incredibly soft but at the same time it's the strongest natural textile in the world.
4. Silk is never available in large quantities to satisfy the needs of full-blown textile production. Due to its high cost to produce, luxury appearance and soft feel its typical for high-end fashion designs.
5. Silk is antibacterial, UV-resistant and hypoallergenic and because of that it's good for people with sensitive skin.
6. Silk can keep you warm in the winter and cool you in the summer because its temperature-regulating fiber.
7. There are 3 Grades of silk: A, B & C, with A referencing the highest quality.